Sweet Heat Juice
Pour yourself a tall glass of pineapple, ginger, apple, beet juice. It’s a mouthful for sure– so after much debate between Tastebud Tickler and Sweet Heat, Sweat Heat is the proud title of this deliciously sweet & spicy juice.
You will be coming back for more, I can promise that.
Let’s Explore the Benefits
- Excellent source of calcium and magnesium
- Anti-inflammatory properties (Only source of bromelain– an enzyme used to treat swelling and inflammation)
- Excellent source of Vitamin C aiding in Heart and Eye Health
- Referencing the bromelain again– helps with digestion, thus reducing bloating and constipation
- Keeps skin hydrated
Ginger is a spice that originated in China and has been used as a form of medicine since.
- Used to treat nausea
- Lowers blood sugars (aiding in the prevention of diabetes)
- Used to treat menstrual pain– ginger has anti-inflammatory properties that help to relieve those pesky monthly cramps
- Combats infection in the body. If you feel like you are coming down with something, add some ginger to your diet!
You can really believe it when they say an apple (or 3) a day keeps the doctor away. They are that good for you!
- Aid in Weight loss. High in fiber and water– makes them filling.
- Promotes good gut bacteria– apples contain pectin and pectin is a prebiotic.
- Boosts immune system– apples are high in Vitamin C
- Improves athletic performance– beets contain nitrates which boost athletic performance (very common to see beet root powder used in pre workout drinks)
- Improves Digestion
- Lowers blood pressure (Those nitrates we talked about earlier..they help with the blood pressure as well as performance!)
There are way more benefits to these 4 ingredients than I have listed, but this is a great start to why you should drink this juice as often as your heart desires!
The Origin Behind ‘Sweet Heat’
My mom made this delicious juice for me when we first ventured into our raw vegan lifestyle. I couldn’t believe how pretty it was– almost too pretty to drink (noticed I said almost?).
It is a combination of the fruits, spices and vegetables that we love and after playing around with this recipe a bit we perfected this juice–so thank you, Mama for getting creative with me.
Sweet Heat Juice
- 1 Pineapple
- 2 Apples
- 2 tbsp Ginger
- 1/2 Beet Red Beet (for the color)
- Chop all ingredients to fit your juicer
- Remove seeds and stems
- Alternate feeding ingredients into juicer
- Pour into glass
The Sweet with the Heat, Perfection.
This juice not only tastes phenomenal, it has more health benefits than I can count! If you enjoy the taste of the ingredients involved, then this will be on your favorites list.. I’m sure of it!
Stay tuned for more juice recipes like this one!
If you try this recipe, I would love to hear your thoughts on it!