Raw Vegan Pad Thai | Creamy & Delicious
I had so much fun with this recipe. I am definitely partial to Thai food (Actually, it is my favorite!!). Pad Thai is my go to comfort-food, with its creamy, sweet sauce and loads of vegetables. I have been missing it lately and thought I would recreate a raw vegan version (as I am doing a small cleanse at the moment!).
This recipe took very little prep, and even less time to eat! It was so good, I gobbled it right up!
Let’s jump right in, shall we?
Grab the Ingredients
I will just vaguely list the ingredients here and then will post the actual recipe and instructions down below!
- Red Bell Pepper
- Green Onions
Peanut Lime Sauce:
- Unsalted/Unroasted Peanuts
Grab Your Tools
You don’t need many for this meal, fortunately.
You will need:
- Cutting Board
- Good Knife
- a Spiralizer (if you have one), a parer (if not) and a knife (if you don’t have either of the previous two!)
- Blender/Blender Cup or Food processor to make the dressing.
- Big bowl to mix everything in
- Chopsticks (totally optional, but good practice on eating slow for me!)
- a Hungry Mouth (joking, but not really)
I try to show you in the video that you can make zucchini noodles by using a spiralizer, a parer or even just a knife. If you use a parer, try to find longer zucchini to mock noodles. If you use a knife you can create your noodles in whatever shape pleases you!
Raw Vegan Pad Thai
- 2 zucchinis spiralized into noodles
- 2 carrots shredded
- 1/2 red bell pepper sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup mushrooms sliced thinly
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1 cup cabbage sliced thinly
- 5 sprigs cilantro
- 2 tbsp microgreens optional
Peanut Lime Sauce
- 2 tbsp Tahini
- 1/2 cup unroasted, unsalted peanuts
- 2 tsp Tamari
- 2 Medjool Dates (can use maple syrup as well)
- 1 thumb ginger
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 lime
- Sprinkle Hemp Hearts
- Sprinkle Sesame Seeds
- More Lime Juice
- In a large bowl add all Base ingredients
- Next put all sauce ingredients into blender or food processor until smooth. Add water to adjust consistency.
- Pour sauce over the base and combine well.
- Transfer to eating bowl (or just eat right out of mixing bowl!)
- Top with hemp hearts, sesame seeds and lime juice
Sit Back & Enjoy.
I don’t make gourmet raw vegan meals often, but I really enjoyed this creation! If you would like more recipes like this or have a specific meal in mind, let me know down below!
I think the special part about making these meals, is the simplicity of it all. Simple ingredients, simple steps– it makes everything taste better. Also, it is time to let YOUR creative side out! Omit ingredients, add in your own– get a little crazy with it!
Most of all, enjoy every bite because you earned it!
Happy Pad Thai Eating,