Raw Vegan Gooey Salted Caramel Bites
We celebrated my mother’s birthday recently, and upon doing so, created many delicious vegan recipes.
Perhaps my favorite creation were these ooey-gooey Salted Caramel Bites, made with only 3 ingredients! The best part– by using a single serve blender cup, the motor heats them up as though they are fresh out of the oven (a raw vegan’s dream!).
This will be a fun, drool worthy blog–hope you enjoy!
Like I mentioned before, there are only 3 ingredients– perfectly simple!
Himalayan Pink Salt
I just want to briefly discuss the benefits of each ingredient before we dive right into the recipe makin’.
Fresh ground is always the best, but if this isn’t an option just make sure there is no added sugar!
- Almonds are loaded with Vitamin E (great for cell protection, especially for the heart and eyes!)
- Very high in the mineral Manganese– which is great for bone health
- Balances blood sugar levels
- High in fiber and protein, keeping you fuller, longer (aids in weight loss)
If you have surfed through any of my other recipes, then you know that I have a strong love for dates, especially medjool dates. They are ooey-gooey, caramel bits of goodness– the perfect treat! My favorite company to buy from is 7HotDates. Another great alternative is buying them in bulk through Amazon here.
- Natural Sweetener
- Loaded with Potassium (great for working on/off setting cramps!)
- Excellent source of fiber– keep you fuller, longer (also, no constipation!)
- Can I say, delicious? Delicious.
Himalayan Pink Salt
When people hear salt, they think table salt and table salt is not good for you. This is true because table salt is chemically processed, wiping away all nutritious value of it and adding harmful chemicals–yuck! Fortunately, Himalayan Pink Salt does not fall into that category. The benefits of pink salt are incredible, so let’s check them out.
- Supports respiratory health
- Improves skin
- Balances blood sugars
- Prevents muscle cramps
- Regulates sleep and mood
Even with all of these benefits, a little goes a long way and for this recipe we are only using a sprinkle!
Roll ‘Em, Sprinkle ‘Em, Pop ‘Em (In Your Mouth)
I’ll say it again, these are the perfect little guilt-free treats! Simple ingredients, simple directions and simple decision of eating the whole batch!
I hope you enjoy!
Salted Caramel Bites
- 1/2 Cup Almond Butter fresh ground
- 6-8 pitted Medjool Dates depending on size
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt just a sprinkle over the top
- Combine the almond butter and dates into food processor
- Combine until 'dough' like
- Roll into Balls
- Sprinkle with Himalayan Pink Salt