Avocado Chocolate Mousse
Everyone likes chocolate, right? Well for this story if everyone could like chocolate, that would be wonderful. Now imagine, chocolate mousse made from 4 ingredients, that is healthy for you too– too good to be true? Not this time!
Avocado Chocolate Mousse is on the menu and I am going to walk you through the few steps to make it.
The Ingredients, the Goods
Let’s discuss the minimal ingredients and all the goodness they bring to the table.
Avocado aka “The Good Kind of Fat”
- High in potassium (yes, more potassium than a banana even!), which supports a healthy blood pressure
- High Fiber content which aids in digestion.
- Studies show that eating avocado with other (healthy) foods helps with nutrient absorption!
- High in Vitamin E, which means glowing skin and faster skin healing
Cacao Powder/Cacao Nibs
Since cacao powder is derived from the cacao nibs, I will combine benefits:
- Antioxidant, which labels Cacao as a major superfood
- Contains polyphenols which help with blood flow to the brain, improving brain health and function
- Highest plant-based source of Iron (which vegans can lack in if diet is too selective)
- Elevates mood. Contains serotonin and other blissful neurotransmitters to help with happiness
- All-natural Sweetener
- Contains small amounts of manganese and zinc– minerals that are essential to our bodies
- Can delicious be a benefit?…if so, delicious it is!
Breaking Down the Steps
This is pretty simple. You are going to scoop the avocado meat into a food processor along with the other ingredients and “blend” until smooth, scraping every few minutes to process everything.
Let’s look at pictures– more fun that way!
Avocado Chocolate Mousse
- 3 Avocados
- 1 cup Cacao Powder
- 1/2 cup Cacao Nibs
- 1/3 cup Maple Syrup
- Cut avocados in half, remove seed and spoon flesh into food processor
- Add the rest of ingredients to food processor
- Process or blend until smooth, may need to scrape sides every few minutes
- Serve chilled
Guilt Free Enjoyment
The fun part about this mousse, is how creative you can be with it! There are essentially 4 ingredients required, but that doesn’t mean you have to stop there! Go a little nuts– add in a few dates, top it with coconut (like I did!) dice up a banana and throw it in..have fun with it! If you would like a lower calorie version, you can substitute maple syrup for liquid Stevia (use sparingly and taste test often).
Most importantly, enjoy..savor each bite– curb that chocolate craving!